A soft launch of the recruitment programme; ‘Recruit Silverlink’ project took place in June 2018, providing the public with a series of permanent and temporary job opportunities.
Over the coming months, we will be seeking to fill short and long term vacancies with trained, local candidates who fit well within each of the businesses. We are promoting employing local people who value work with the aim of a positive impact on business continuity. The team will work with employers and referral agencies to match local jobseekers to vacancies, supporting candidates throughout with the aim of delivering skilled, job-ready candidates for the roles.
The service will primarily focus on recruitment and job sustainability for unemployed residents but the aim is to develop a community outreach agenda, which includes motivational and career/sector awareness workshops, site tours, work experience and volunteering placements and on site practical customer service training led by the retailers.
Retail is a fast-paced, exciting and multi-faceted industry. We aim to help retailers find the right candidate, with the correct skill set and work ethic. We are developing a delivery model to include; recruitment open days and pre-employment training, vacancy circulation processes, mapping local labour culture and involvement of wider partners.
It’s a great opportunity to get involved;
• It provides a forum to showcase and promote your business and brand to the local people
• There are 200 + jobseekers expected plus local press, the Mayor, representatives from The Crown Estate and local businesses
• A great opportunity to speak face to face with talented, skilled and enthusiastic candidates for current and future opportunities
• Create a candidate pool for future vacancies
• Breakfast and lunch will be provided
For more details contact
Claire Dunn – Programme Manager
0191 643 6407
07989 284 411